But, when we are down on ourselves, especially when we think we are not good enough, life can easily and quickly take a turn for the worse. We can unexpectedly find ourselves entrenched in a deep, dark hole. When we repeatedly allow ourselves feel this way for days, weeks or even months at a time, it can have detrimental effects on our happiness, health, relationships, and careers.
That’s why it’s best to prevent a self-esteem slide. Sometimes the smallest bit of inspiration can help us turn things around when we feel we are not good enough.
Here is a quick list of 11 things to remember when you think you’re not good enough...
- Life is about progress, not perfection. Strive for excellence!
- What you do right NOW can create a better outcome.
- Positive thinking is your birthright.
- There is more RIGHT with you than wrong with you.
- Everyone makes mistakes!
- Remember you are exactly where you need to be right now.
- Be kind and gentle with yourself. You’re doing the best you can.
- You deserve your own unconditional love and forgiveness.
- There’s always a solution, keep looking!
- The only comparing and competing you should be doing is with yourself.
- You can’t always change things, but you can ALWAYS change the way you look at things.