Tuesday, April 8, 2014

How to Get Out of Your Own Way and Let Your Life Shine

By

“I wish I could show you, when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being.” ~Hafiz of Shiraz

I have been on a quest to be happy for as long as I can remember.
I thought I had looked everywhere. I tried relationships, work, adventure travels, and a life filled with friends and activity, but still I felt anxious. I was disenchanted with life.....  

Finding Freedom

Getting out of the way means becoming very familiar with your inner world. You discover what you do that makes you suffer so you can choose peace instead.

Amazingly, you realize that you can press pause in any moment and step back from the momentum of old, recycled habits. 


When you do, you see what is actually happening: the pain of being stuck in an old resentment that has been dragging you down, the constricting effect of believing your thoughts, and the chaos that comes from letting your feelings rule.

With your eyes wide open, you are primed to live in ways that are intelligent, affirming, and aligned with your deepest desires. Finally, clarity arrives.

Getting out of the way looks like this:
  • Ask yourself, “In this moment, what do I really want to feel?”
  • Notice the thoughts and feelings that grab your attention.
  • Befriend your experience by noting what is present, but know that it doesn’t have to control you.
  • Experience the space that remains when you are no longer hooked by thoughts and feelings.
  • Notice that you can make the choice to live fully now, beyond any self-imposed boundaries, with a clear mind and open heart. 
Read more: http://tinybuddha.com/blog/how-to-get-out-of-your-own-way-and-let-your-life-shine/

No comments: